Here are 3 Ingredients and 3 simple ways to clean your appliances:
Simply using Baking soda, White Vinegar and Household Dish Soap, you can deep clean your washing machine, oven and dishwasher!
Deep Clean Your Washing Machine:
Washing machines clean your clothes and leave them smelling fresh and looking great, so it seems strange that your washer can smell musty, mildewy or sour. If your washer is working properly, but smells, it may just need some TLC and a good deep cleaning.
3 Simple Steps
- Mix ¼ a cup of baking soda with ¼ a cup of water. Add this solution to your machine’s detergent container.
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into the drum and run a normal load at high heat.
- Scrub any remaining dirty spots with the rough side of a sponge dipped in a solution of one part vinegar, one part water.
Deep Clean Your Dishwasher:
How can the machine that cleans your dishes leave bits of food behind or have an odor? Try cleaning out the filter first, then run a cycle with vinegar and finish with a baking soda soak.
4 Simple Steps
- Remove and clean the filter. Soak in warm, soapy water for 10 minutes, then replace.
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into bottom of empty dishwasher. Run a heavy clean cycle.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda in the bottom of the dishwasher and leave overnight. In the morning, run an empty cycle.
- Gently scrub any remaining dirty areas with a toothbrush.
Deep Clean Your Oven:
No one wants to clean the oven, but this is the appliance that home buyers are most likely to open during a home tour! Keeping your oven clean and smell free is essential.
5 Simple Steps
- Remove the oven racks & Make a baking soda paste by mixing a 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water. Adjust the ratio of both as needed until you have a spreadable paste.
- Coat your oven: Spread the paste all over the interior surfaces of your oven, steering clear of the heating elements.The baking soda will turn a brownish color as you rub it in. Allow the baking soda mixture to rest for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
- Clean your oven racks by soaking in hot water and dish soap for at least 2 hours. (you may need to soak them in the tub). Scrub off any grease and build up, rinse and lay on towels to dry.
- Wipe out the oven & spray on a little vinegar: After 12 hours or overnight, take a damp dish cloth and wipe out as much of the dried baking soda paste as you can. By placing a small amount of vinegar in a spray bottle and spraying on the walls and floor of the oven, any remaining baking soda will react and foam making it easy to do a final wipe down with a wet cloth.
- Replace your oven racks: Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven, and you're done!
The combination of baking soda and vinegar has about a million uses! Learn more by linking up with me on Pinterest!